PROJECT NAME: Impact and Future States of a Voice- Based Technological Platform for Persons with Disability
DURATION: 6 months to 1 year
ABOUT THE PROJECT: Enable Vaani is a program launched by Enable India, an interactive voice response system that allows persons with disabilities and their enablers in rural India to record and share messages relevant to their lives, employment, and other opportunities. The platform uses vernacular languages, to make the information accessible to a larger section of the population. Namma Vaani, the Kannada language platform, is active in all districts in Karnataka, and Hamari Vaani, the Hindi language platform connects people from around 14 states in India. Launched in March 2016, the platform has reached out to 22,000+ users.
This project seeks to determine the ground-level impact of the Enable Vaani project, to assess how technology can bridge the gaps between opportunities and access. The impact analysis will be used to determine future usages of the platform, and in the expansion of the project to newer geographies. This will be done through a series of participatory research workshops, and qualitative interviews with the pre-determined subjects.
This project is being carried out by Enable India, in collaboration with Microsoft Research Labs
- Assist in planning the participatory workshop designs & qualitative research studies.
- Conduct the workshops in selected areas in rural Karnataka, after receiving mentoring on the same.
- Carry out qualitative interviews with a diverse set of people, by visiting the field, and on phone.
- Synthesise the findings of the interviews and workshop in progress reports
- Conduct relevant literature and evidence review
- Understanding of patterns and deriving insights.
- Efficient in collecting information/data and interpreting data
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant subject (social sciences, humanities, research methods, etc.)
- Knowledge of qualitative research and human-centric design, and ability to apply the same
- Understanding of a wide range of evaluation methodologies
- Ability to coordinate with a diverse team
- Ability to work on a deadline
- Experience in the disability sector would be an added advantage
- Fluency in Hindi and Kannada is required
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to multitask
- Good written communication skills to be able to report findings and analysis
- Experience in working on large sets of data
To apply, please send your updated CV/resume to email@example.com. Mention ‘Enable Vaani: Quantitative Analyst Intern’ in the subject line.