DESIGNATION: Awareness lead, ENABLE VISION
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME
Enable Vision is the most mature cell of honeycomb structure of EnAble India and It is also a flagship initiative of the organisation. It has pioneered the pedagogy, models, tools and processes for developing Digital Literacy to persons with vision impairment. Over the last 15 years, Enable Vision has helped in opening up jobs that were game-changers and created role models for the next generation. It has trained 700 + direct unique candidates from 15 + states and 5,000 indirect candidates across 20 + states. Through capacity building Enable Vision was able to train 150+ trainers who in-turn train the candidates at various place across India. These include visually impaired trainers. We have helped around 30 organisations to provide computer training for visually impaired. EnAble Vision has transcended national boundaries and spread content in countries like Mauritius, Nepal, Afghanistan, Gambia, Nigeria, Peru and US. We are poised to scale globally and Awareness lead will play key role in scaling the awareness programs.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and execute rapid light-touch awareness programs, and community engagement through mobile digital literacy vans.
- Manage day-to-day functioning of the Awareness program
- Manage and mentor partners for awareness programs
- Coaching for staff competencies
- Timely reporting of activities
- Provide inputs for awareness collateral and creation of raw content
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Capability to work with communities and various stake-holders
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work in multi-stakeholder environment
- Willingness to travel on work
- Good at application knowledge of basic computers (to use in different situation), MS-Office and internet
- Excellent written and verbal English communications with good articulation of point of view
- Multilingual is preferable.
NOTE: We are an inclusive employer; we encourage persons with disability to apply.